Anchor Links to Another Page Not Working

Go to solution Solved by AndreaDube,

Site URL: https://cardcastle.co

Hello 🙂

My website has items in the navigation bar that link to sections of another page (the Book a Demo, Features, Pricing and ROI items in the CardBot nav folder).

When I'm editing the site on Squarespace, clicking those links takes me to the CardBot page and jumps to the relevant section.

However, when I'm browsing the site normally, clicking those links only goes to the CardBot page (but doesn't jump down to the relevant section).

If I'm already on the CardBot page, clicking the links in the nav bar will work properly and jump down to the section.

Is there anything I can do to make sure those anchor links work as expected?

On 7/5/2022 at 8:16 AM, seb-cardcastle said:

Hey tuanphan,

I haven't changed anything since posting this thread. It still doesn't seem to work for me. I normally use Chrome but I've tried in Firefox and Safari and it's not working there either.

Was it working for you when you tried it out?

Yes. It works on my end.

https://www.loom.com/share/c778e84fd8944bef8e3e23c63b455391

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

20 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hey tuanphan,

Sorry! Those aren't the nav items that I was having trouble with. The Features, Reviews, Pricing and About Us links on the home page (the one you're on in your video) have always worked properly.

The one's I'm having trouble with are the nav items in the CardBot folder (Book a Demo, Features, Pricing, ROI).

I'll link a video below of what's happening. When I'm on the home page, clicking any of those CardBot links takes me to the CardBot page but doesn't scroll to that section. If I'm on the CardBot page they work properly.

• Solution
On 7/7/2022 at 10:17 PM, seb-cardcastle said:

Hey tuanphan,

Sorry! Those aren't the nav items that I was having trouble with. The Features, Reviews, Pricing and About Us links on the home page (the one you're on in your video) have always worked properly.

The one's I'm having trouble with are the nav items in the CardBot folder (Book a Demo, Features, Pricing, ROI).

I'll link a video below of what's happening. When I'm on the home page, clicking any of those CardBot links takes me to the CardBot page but doesn't scroll to that section. If I'm on the CardBot page they work properly.

I think for 7.0 you have to use the entire URL in folder links.

So try https://cardcastle.co/cardbot#cardbot-demo vs /cardbot#cardbot-demo

On 7/13/2022 at 2:47 PM, AndreaDube said:

What's the website?

It's an existing site, under password and a Basic plan. I've been able to recreate the anchor on 2 other sites, password protected and not but both are Business Plans, does this not work on a Basic Plan maybe?