Copy "Additional Information" to all products

On 6/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, Em-Rowsell said:

Has anyone used the same "Additional Information" on all their product pages in Squarespace 7.1? For example, I am creating a "Wear & Care" Accordion

There isn't a built in feature for this but it could created using JavaScript code.

You'd need to create your "Wear & Care" content on a separate, 'normal' page (not a product page) first. Once you have created that content, some code could be written to pull the information into the product pages.

It would be worth considering upfront whether you'll always want the same information on all products, or whether it would be better to tag the products where this is required, so that you could exclude some products at a later date 🙂

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

40 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There isn't a built in feature for this but it could created using JavaScript code.

You'd need to create your "Wear & Care" content on a separate, 'normal' page (not a product page) first. Once reated, some code could be written to pull that information into the product pages.

It would be worth considering upfront whether you'll always want the same information on all products, or whether it would be better to tag the products where this is required, so that you could exclude some products at a later date 🙂

Gotcha okay! It would definitely be on all of a certain product type (jewellery) so that's good to know! I personally don't do a lot of work in Javascript so would you happen to know someone or know of any documentation for something similar?

If you post some details, I'll take a look 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 5:14 AM, paul2009 said:

If you post some details, I'll take a look 🙂

•  

Hi Paul, keen to answer your question as I have the same situation.

My website is www.gastonduflos.com

I want to add "Additional Information" for some of my products. For example, I a created an Accordion in the additional information section for my Alzir Azul product ( https://www.gastonduflos.com/shop/p/thoughts-come-and-go-f8g5y-2b4mg-hsrmt-9sk2h-fhzhc-23rjw-2gcn9 ) and it would be useful to duplicate this on all products across the Fine Art Prints category. Then I'll create another Accordion with other information for my others categories.

Hope you can help me out!

On 1/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, GastonDuflos said:
  •  

Hi Paul, keen to answer your question as I have the same situation.

My website is www.gastonduflos.com

I want to add "Additional Information" for some of my products. For example, I a created an Accordion in the additional information section for my Alzir Azul product ( https://www.gastonduflos.com/shop/p/thoughts-come-and-go-f8g5y-2b4mg-hsrmt-9sk2h-fhzhc-23rjw-2gcn9 ) and it would be useful to duplicate this on all products across the Fine Art Prints category. Then I'll create another Accordion with other information for my others categories.

Hope you can help me out!

You can add accordion to footer, then assign a tag for these products, then we can give code to move accordion into the products belong the tag you created.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

Looks like @GastonDuflos was able to achieve what I'm after, but didn't see a solution posted here in the forum. 

I think I'm after something very similar - all of my products require the same details regarding materials, dimensions, product care, etc, which I would like to include at the bottom of all product pages. An example product page here: blend(sand&wood)v5.693 — Two Moons - Limited Edition AI Print Shop

Any idea how I should be coding in the same additional information for all products? Similar to the information that appears on the bottom of the product here: "Solitary Tea" Fine Art Print — Gaston Duflos | Sydney-based Artist & Illustrator

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

@tuanphan ''You can add accordion to footer, then assign a tag for these products, then we can give code to move accordion into the products belong the tag you created.'' - Would love to know what the code is  to move from footer to product page please.

I would also like to have additional info the same on every product in an accordion without having to add to every product individually. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, plentyblue said:

I would also like to have additional info the same on every product in an accordion without having to add to every product individually.

Please see Store Product Detail Move Footer Section Nth Content to Additional Info.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, plentyblue said:

how to have just the accordion and the rest to stay in footer?

In general you create a new section in the footer and put just the content you want to move in it. Then with CSS you hide the footer section with this content so it isn't seen in the footer.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@creedonI have now created a new section in the footer with the accordion I want in additional info and It has moved from footer when using code and original footer has stayed which is great but section has disappeared entirely and is not appearing in the additional info section. Please could you tell me if there is something I need to put in CSS? I am a beginner and have no idea.

I have followed all steps from https://github.com/tomsWebConsulting/twcsl/blob/main/v7.1/Store Product Detail Move Footer Section Nth Content to Additional Info/store product detail move footer section nth content to additional info.html#L1

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, plentyblue said:

section has disappeared entirely and is not appearing in the additional info section.

I see the issue. The new section you created is a Fluid Engine section. My code currently only works with Classic Editor sections.

You are in luck the other section in the footer is a CE section. Duplicate it, empty out the duplicate section, create your accordion there. Then make sure the new CE section is the first section in the footer. Remove the FE based section with the accordion.

Let us know how it goes.