Copy "Additional Information" to all products

Hey there!

Has anyone used the same "Additional Information" on all their product pages in Squarespace 7.1? For example, I am creating a "Wear & Care" Accordion in the additional information section for a product and it would be useful to duplicate this on all products across a category ! Thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Em-Rowsell said:

Has anyone used the same "Additional Information" on all their product pages in Squarespace 7.1? For example, I am creating a "Wear & Care" Accordion

There isn't a built in feature for this but it could created using JavaScript code.

You'd need to create your "Wear & Care" content on a separate, 'normal' page (not a product page) first. Once reated, some code could be written to pull that information into the product pages.

It would be worth considering upfront whether you'll always want the same information on all products, or whether it would be better to tag the products where this is required, so that you could exclude some products at a later date 🙂

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

40 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There isn't a built in feature for this but it could created using JavaScript code.

You'd need to create your "Wear & Care" content on a separate, 'normal' page (not a product page) first. Once reated, some code could be written to pull that information into the product pages.

It would be worth considering upfront whether you'll always want the same information on all products, or whether it would be better to tag the products where this is required, so that you could exclude some products at a later date 🙂

Gotcha okay! It would definitely be on all of a certain product type (jewellery) so that's good to know! I personally don't do a lot of work in Javascript so would you happen to know someone or know of any documentation for something similar?

If you post some details, I'll take a look 🙂

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.