Website template scroller

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
5 hours ago, MrScribble said:

Does anyone know how squarespace themselves achieved this?

It was manually coded using Squarespace 7.0 Developer Mode

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you certain though - i've seen some sites pulling this off with what seems like some CSS fiddling and using lists or even summaries.

Maybe if i break it down in major terms, someone can aid me :D.

What i need is a section that acts like a portfolio page, meaning text links, when hovering over will change the background (this background should fill the entire size of the section).

This to me seems fairly doable without using Javascript or going into custom developer mode.

In advance, thanks 😄

SS's website is a heavily customized version of a v7.0 site using DM as @paul2009 mentioned.

The particular effect you mention is not just a few lines of CSS. It is a combination of HTML, CSS and perhaps some JavaScript. I don't know about the JS as I haven't spent time diving into how they did it. A highly paid designer/developer spent a fair amount of time to achieve that effect. The effect is not available on a standard SS site.

Could something be cooked up that worked similarly to the effect on a standard SS site? Possibly. But it won't be just a few lines of CSS.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.