Manufacturing ordrering site

Site URL: https://kalopsiacollective.com/

Hi there, 

I'm in the process of revamping a client's website. 

They are a textiles manufacturing business who currently have a Shopify site set up to process orders but their main site is on Squarespace. We want to transition everything to Squarespace but having some issues. 

• Is there a way to create a shop page for custom orders and invoice the client instead of having an auto-payment option?
  • If this was to be set up through a form, is there a third party platform you could recommend to auto-process invoices being sent out from an order form instead of a product page? 

I'm struggling to find a workaround without linking to the existing Shopify site and would love some support with it!

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, JessSims said:

I'm in the process of revamping a client's website. They...currently have a Shopify site set up to process orders but their main site is on Squarespace. We want to transition everything to Squarespace but having some issues. 

• Is there a way to create a shop page for custom orders and invoice the client instead of having an auto-payment option?

Squarespace doesn't support invoicing or bank transfer as a commerce payment method.

Can you help me to understand why the client wants to migrate their ecommerce fulfillment from Shopify to Squarespace? There are probably other features on Shopify that they take for granted that won't be available on Squarespace Commerce.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul! That's what I thought. 

Reason being is that they don't want to accept payment until the order has been reviewed. Sometimes the orders are quite complex - for example someone might order 20 samples of one item but each item has different configurations. 

I'm desperate to find a Squarespace workaround and thought I landed on something by using the form functionality but can't work out how I'd sync that to a commerce page. 

Any ideas welcomed!

I'm confused because they seem to be moving from a platform that has these features (Shopify) to a platform that doesn't?! 🤔

How do they want the process to work (ideally)

Does this affect all products/orders, or just some?

Are they all B2B?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Their current main website is Squarespace but they're using a link to a Shopify page for product orders. Occasionally they sell D2C too (which would stay on Squarespace). We wanted to streamline by putting all on Squarespace as they're losing out on SEO by having 2 separate sites but can't figure out the smoothest way to do it. 

Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately there isn't a pain-free way to achieve this on Squarespace, but then Squarespace wasn't really designed for this type of situation.

As a comparison, you can customise for both DTC and B2B customers on the same site with Shopify Plus but it costs from $2000 per month 😮

Edited by paul2009