Extending the length of slides/gallery images on a home page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.lavenderrightsproject.org/

We've got a gallery on our home page, but the slides move very, very quickly, making them hard to read or even interact with. I attempted a workaround this weekend by duplicating each slide, but it is clunky and not idea. Do folks know what kind of coding would work to get the slides to calm down, even for a little while longer? There are zero options for changing duration within the gallery itself.

• Solution
11 hours ago, LRPTech said:

We've got a gallery on our home page, but the slides move very, very quickly, making them hard to read or even interact with. There are zero options for changing duration within the gallery itself.

You are using a Squarespace 7.0, Brine-family template so you'll find the options in Design > Site Styles.

Whilst you are viewing the Index page where this Gallery resides, open the Site Styles panel and navigate to the INDEX: SLIDESHOW GALLERY section where you'll find the Autoplay Duration setting:

image.thumb.png.da3dce3eeb1ea078f69609a067eb7b7e.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

Hello @paul2009

Hoping you can help with an issue I'm having related to this. I have set the Autoplay Duration to 1.6 seconds and this works fine, until you hover the cursor over the images and then they stop transitioning. 

SS have said this needs custom CSS to fix. Would you possibly have a solution? 

The site in question is www.stateofplay.events 

Here's a screenflow of what's happening: https://www.loom.com/share/48a80168990343d39f5ab4510711e345

The gallery slideshow is at 3 quarters down the home page. 

Thank you so much

Emily

15 hours ago, emily.revell said:

Hoping you can help with an issue I'm having related to this. I have set the Autoplay Duration to 1.6 seconds and this works fine, until you hover the cursor over the images and then they stop transitioning. 

You can use some CSS to prevent 'pointer events' (mouse movements) from affecting the gallery. To do this, add the following to Design > Custom CSS:

#events .Index-gallery-wrapper.gallery-root {
  pointer-events: none;
}

This is specific to your site because I have included the ID of this particular section on this page (#events) to prevent it from affecting other areas of the site.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️ 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:05 AM, paul2009 said:

You can use some CSS to prevent 'pointer events' (mouse movements) from affecting the gallery. To do this, add the following to Design > Custom CSS:

#events .Index-gallery-wrapper.gallery-root {
  pointer-events: none;
}

This is specific to your site because I have included the ID of this particular section on this page (#events) to prevent it from affecting other areas of the site.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️ 

That's perfect thank you very much!!!

Emily