Linking straight to a single Product Page from the nav bar?

Site URL: https://blueberry-raccoon-cmmc.squarespace.com/?password=cow

Hello,

The site contains a couple of store pages (Originals and Prints) all containing multiple products.

I'm about to put up a new print which we want to keep separate from the aforementioned store pages. I've started off by making a dropdown under Prints, which will have two items. The first one would go to the pre-existing Prints store, and the other one would go to the new product. But turns out you can't link straight to single product pages? I wouldn't want to make a whole new Store page just for this single product, as that will require unnecessary clicks from the customer.

Is there any way to add a dropdown item which takes you straight to the product page from the nav bar? I managed to do it in a slightly ugly way by using Add Link --> External URL -> paste in the product page URL from the live site. Well, it does work, but it doesn't seem you can hide Links from the users the same way you can with pages/stores (there's no 'disable/hide' for links) so I've deleted it for now to prevent it showing up on the live website. Is there a much better method I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sio

Sorry to bump the post (this will be the only one) but still looking for a solution. 🙏

If it turns out you can't go straight to a Product Page from the nav bar, then I'll just go with the External URL route and add a direct link to the live website's product page URL.

Just curious to know whether that's the only way. 😄

Edited by Sio
On 6/24/2022 at 12:19 AM, Sio said:

Is there any way to add a dropdown item which takes you straight to the product page from the nav bar? I managed to do it in a slightly ugly way by using Add Link --> External URL -> paste in the product page URL from the live site. Well, it does work, but it doesn't seem you can hide Links from the users the same way you can with pages/stores.

Using a link is the correct way to link directly to a product detail page from the navigation.

As you said, you can link directly to the product by pasting the full url. Note that you should avoid including the first part of the url (the part containing the domain), so that the link is just "/prints/p/productname".

You can hide the link by dragging it from MAIN NAVIGATION to NOT LINKED within the Pages panel.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.