Default background colour flashing during page load. Cannot find how to change.

Site URL: https://rabbit-algae-8g2t.squarespace.com/

There seems to be a grey default background colour that doesn't change no matter which area of the site styles we have altered. It only flashes for a second while loading, but when the page itself is white, a dark grey flash is really distracting. 

We have tried altering the section background, background overlay and inset border, making them all white. 

If we change the white to full transparency this grey colour shows through, so it's almost like its a background behind the background.

Does anyone have any idea where we can change this to white? 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:06 AM, blcarter91 said:

Site URL: https://rabbit-algae-8g2t.squarespace.com/

There seems to be a grey default background colour that doesn't change no matter which area of the site styles we have altered. It only flashes for a second while loading, but when the page itself is white, a dark grey flash is really distracting. 

We have tried altering the section background, background overlay and inset border, making them all white. 

If we change the white to full transparency this grey colour shows through, so it's almost like its a background behind the background.

Does anyone have any idea where we can change this to white? 

I have the same problem! Can't figure it out, did you solve it?

• 2 weeks later...

Was having the same issue with a Flash of colour between page movement/page loading.

Found a solution:

Under Site Styles, Colours, I selected the Theme that was seemingly "Flashing" whenever moving around the site from page.

I then changed the Theme's Section Background and Background Overlay to White, and Transparent. 

This solved my issue!! I actually did it to two themes as they were both the same light blue.

Hope this helps!

Edited by JamesonW
Found Solution