Acuity Coupon Expiration Date Not Expiring

Hello -- I have setup Acuity on a site I'm developing at https://hyperboloid-armadillo-c774.squarespace.com/. It works great EXCEPT: I have various appointments I've setup and for some of them, I would like to add a discount code -- all is well UNTIL during testing, the expiration date I set doesn't work. That is -- I can still pay for the appointment with the discount code AFTER the expiration date has expired. I have read a lot of documentation on this topic but still can't find a solution. Any clues? 

My steps:

1. I setup the appointment type, then go to "Packages, Gifts & Subscriptions"

2. Go to "Add Coupon for Appointments"

3. Fill out the form etc -- create a coupon -- and then add an expiration date.

4. Go to the front end and pay for (as a dummy user etc) the appointment, add my discount code AND set the desirable date past the expiration date. 

5. Again, contrary to what I am expecting, the code's expiration date "doesn't work" -- I'm still able to apply it for my appointment discount.

• Replies 2
  • Views 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer:

The ? icon above the expiration date is a bit tricky to understand. What it means is that an appointment that is booked after the expiration date will not be allowed to have the coupon code to apply. This is referring to physically booking the appointment on a date past the expiration of the coupon code's expiration date.

If you are booking the appointment while being within the time frame of the coupon codes lifespan, clients can book appointments in the future, because by default that coupon code is still active, regardless of the appointment being in the future.

So, for example, I set a coupon code to expire on June 23rd, and I book an appointment today (June 21st), for an appointment on June 24th, because I actually booked the appointment before it's expiration date, it will allow the coupon code to apply.

As long as the appointment is booked during the lifespan the coupon code is active, it doesn't matter if the appointment occurs past the expiration of the coupon.

Because the clients physically book now.

So, to test this you can set the coupon to have expired yesterday, try to book an appointment and apply the code and you'll get an error.

What the documentation refers to is the date of Scheduling the appointment, not the scheduled date of the appointment.

As you say, the date of the actual appointment is irrelevant. The coupon expiration date is the date that the coupon expires. After the expiry date it can no longer be submitted as part or full payment.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.