Edit Ready for Pickup Email Notifications

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

I searched the forums, but could not find the answer. This is my first post. I setup pickup delivery options using the new feature. However, I am trying to edit the Ready for Pickup email notification, but can't seem to find where the information is being pulled. The email information is greyed out (See screenshot below). I am not sure where the address or hours are being pulled from. I tried editing a few fields, including settings, business information, but no matter what I have tried the test emails come back with the generic info as shown below. Ideally, I would be able to remove the address and hours as I do not own a physical business and pickup location and time varies by order. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

image.png.2e6cb089ae18b87ad95d743f8a0e914b.png

Edited by BeaVan
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 6/20/2022 at 8:41 AM, BeaVan said:

I am trying to edit the Ready for Pickup email notification, but can't seem to find where the information is being pulled.

You can edit this information in Commerce > Pickup (or Online Store > Pickup). Within this panel you'll find links to each of your pickup locations. If you click the three dots, you'll be able to edit the information for each pickup option.

Note that this information won't appear in the preview window when you are editing the Ready for Pickup email notification. Instead, example text will appear, as it does for the product name and the customer name and address. This is because the pickup information will change depending on the pickup location that the user selects.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm also having problems with figuring this one out. I've edited the information in suggested place, using the three dots, but it's not updating the information in the pick-up email information and customers are receiving this greyed out version. It's only allowing me to edit the top section of the email notifications, or add extra sections. Can't even delete this section! Please halp! 

Site URL: http://individualplantsnursery.com

Hi there

i'm having trouble editing the 'ready for pick-up' email, it's not allowing me to delete or edit the default greyed out info in the order section and includes generic greyed out business info/hours etc (not my own). I've updated my information in the 'pick-up' section of the commerce page, but it's not transferring over to the edit emails section in general orders. I'm at a loss and can't seem to find how to remedy it! 

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-07-02 at 08.16.56.png

Edited by individualplants
add screenshot
1 hour ago, individualplants said:

i'm having trouble editing the 'ready for pick-up' email, it's not allowing me to delete or edit the default greyed out info in the order section and includes generic greyed out business info/hours etc (not my own).

As I mentioned above, this is correct. 

You can edit the actual pickup information in Commerce > Pickup (or Online Store > Pickup).

When you are editing the 'Ready for Pickup' email notification you can add text sections, images and spacers but you cannot edit the example text that is shown in the blue box below. As you say, this is generic text that is used as an example only. The actual text is not shown in the Email Composer because there may be many pickup locations available, just as there are many products.

To see the actual pickup location text, place a test order.

image.thumb.png.e3aeaec217983cd4ad7615afa4c19548.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue as mentioned above. 

I followed the directions given and added an address under Commerce -> Pick-up to each location.
Even after this, when I send a test email, the address is still listed as the default "Street Address, City, State..."

Additionally, there is nowhere in the Commerce -> Pickup location options to add or change hours, and changing the hours under my Business Information does not change the hours in the Pickup email.
image.thumb.png.6b738f5d6be93ad6f8b917154ade4b51.png

1 hour ago, ThreadTheories said:

followed the directions given and added an address under Commerce -> Pick-up to each location.
Even after this, when I send a test email, the address is still listed as the default "Street Address, City, State..."

This is correct. As explained above, you need to place a test order (rather than send a test email) to be able to select a location and see it in the email notification. 

1 hour ago, ThreadTheories said:

Additionally, there is nowhere in the Commerce -> Pickup location options to add or change hours

Add details you want to share with your customers like the store hours under Pickup information.

Edited by paul2009

• 8 months later...
  1. Add the pickup details you want to share with your customers, like the pickup address, your store hours, and any instructions your customers should follow when they arrive. If you don't want to publish your address, you can leave it out and add the pickup address to the body of your ready for pickup email instead.

I don't want my address to show up on my site as it is my private residence. I do want it to be emailed to them.

How do I do this?