Google Workspace Suspended and NO OPTION TO REACTIVATE

Site URL: https://www.slicklobster.com

Hi All, 

I have a google workspace account which has been suspended - The Squarespace instructions tell me to go to Workspace and 'reactivate' my account. However, there is no option to reactivate the account - when I log in to Squarespace and go to workspace it only gives me the option of signing up with a new email address - I have tried using our current email address but it says they are already in use. 

When I log into google workspace it tells me that I have to go through the reseller. I have absolutely no way of reactivating and accessing our emails. We've had no business emails for 5 days now. I have tried contacting square space multiple times and still have nothing from them. The live chat only seems to be open during American business hours despite offering services to Australia as well. I'm desperately hoping someone can help me get the account reactivated. 

Thank you, 

Chelsea 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2022 at 11:36 PM, LOBSTER said:

I have a google workspace account which has been suspended - The Squarespace instructions tell me to go to Workspace and 'reactivate' my account.

@deniselibelle If your Google Workspace account is suspended (usually due to a billing issue) you will lose access to all Google Workspace features until you reactivate the subscription. You have 40 days to reactivate your Google Workspace subscription from within Squarespace. After this, the Google Workspace account will be canceled in Squarespace and transferred to Google and you'll need to manage the Workspace account directly through them instead.

If you are within the 40 day period, you should be able to reactivate Workspace by logging on to your Squarespace website and navigating to Settings > Google Workspace. There should be an option to Reactivate Google Workspace where you can provide valid payment information to reactivate it.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 6/19/2022 at 3:36 PM, LOBSTER said:

Site URL: https://www.slicklobster.com

Hi All, 

I have a google workspace account which has been suspended - The Squarespace instructions tell me to go to Workspace and 'reactivate' my account. However, there is no option to reactivate the account - when I log in to Squarespace and go to workspace it only gives me the option of signing up with a new email address - I have tried using our current email address but it says they are already in use. 

When I log into google workspace it tells me that I have to go through the reseller. I have absolutely no way of reactivating and accessing our emails. We've had no business emails for 5 days now. I have tried contacting square space multiple times and still have nothing from them. The live chat only seems to be open during American business hours despite offering services to Australia as well. I'm desperately hoping someone can help me get the account reactivated. 

Thank you, 

Chelsea 

@LOBSTER or @deniselibelle Were you ever able to solve this issue? I know it's been a year since then but I'm going through the same issue now.

@paul2009 Mine isn't a billing issue since I had just bought the domain and the Google Workspace accounts and they were working fine for over a week before this issue happened.

7 hours ago, JoshuaG17 said:

I'm going through the same issue now.

If you purchased them through Squarespace, you are encouraged to inform Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care. Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track bug reports.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

The information provided in the /config area and help website said it would seamlessly transition over to Google. It did not. It shut down all our email, forms, drive, and everything associated with Google. I only found out after trying to log in to my Google account and being greeted with a message saying it was terminated.

I only found out how to fix it after contacting Google (thankfully their support is 24/7 with immediate access, and still allowed me into the admin support area) and then going into my Squarespace /config and manually releasing the account to Google. That should have been done automatically. Instead, Squarespace completely locked out and shut down all our Google Workspace functionality and didn't respond until two days later.

We send and receive hundreds of important business emails per day and receive thousands of Google Form submissions per day. All of which was terminated. So people were unable to email us, emails submitted through contact forms did not reach us and do not notify the sender that it didn't reach us, people did not receive scheduled emails, and met notices that our forms were ended. This is a huge black mark on our business.

This is the latest of many problems I've had with Squarespace, but this is a big one. I will certainly be trying to find an alternative to Squarespace and will be letting others know.

Here's a quote from their support site:

Canceling your Google Workspace with Squarespace automatically transfers it to Google, where you can reestablish billing to continue using Google Workspace.

They give you two options to "cancel", "immediate" or "let it expire". I chose the 2nd one. The info Squarespace gives is that after it expires it will seamlessly transfer over to a 30 day trial with Google. It did not.