How do I create a database with about 500 photos?

• Replies 5
  • Views 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, Wolfsilon said:

Hi,

I think I understand you correctly -- the simplest solution is to categorize, tag, and organize your library of photos and then upload them into a gallery on your website.

What type of gallery has the feature of each species (each entry in the database) I can have cycling photos of the plants  in one side at the same time that in the other side the photos of the prints are cycling (like an auto-cycling slideshow as I showed in the video)?  

What kind of tagging, or categorization will achieve that? How?

Thank you.

Edited by Hellen

You can add 250 photos to a gallery Page with your template. Images in a gallery page can have cats and tags,  unlike images in a gallery block.  How many would you actally want in each gallery in your side by side display? Also if you want to sort by tag or category then you might want to consider a page of summary blocks that filter by category and/or tags images from a gallery page. The summary block items can be displayed side by side  when accessed will go to the page of slide shows. I believe the display in the video you posted can be done, I just need more infor about how many categories and the number of images in each category. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

I thought that categories or tags do not impact the actual display of the gallery (useful for searching purposes but do not determine the display). I am not sure what they are, so I am not sure how many categories I have. Maybe the categories are the species, not sure, you decide.

For the sake of the example, let's say that I have 100 species. Each species has a side by side display. In this display the left part cycles thru say 3 pictures and the right side cycles thru 4 pictures. 

For instance the entry Coreopsis, will have 3 pictures of the flower in the left and 4 pictures of the print of the flower in the right. The entry Geranium, will have (the same to make it simpler) 3 pictures of flowers and 4 pictures of prints. 

New video

Thank you.

Edited by Hellen
On 6/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

You can add 250 photos to a gallery Page with your template. Images in a gallery page can have cats and tags,  unlike inmages in a gallery block.  How many would you actally want in each gallery in your side by side display? Also if you want ot sort by tag or category then you might want to consider a page of summary blocks that filter by category and/or tags images from a gallery page. The summary block items can be displayed side by side  when accessed will go to the page of slide shows. I believe the display in the video you posted can be done, I just need more infor about how many categories and the number of images in each category. 

On 6/24/2022 at 3:13 PM, Hellen said:

I thought that categories or tags do not impact the actual display of the gallery (useful for searching purposes but do not determine the display). I am not sure what they are, so I am not sure how many categories I have. Maybe the categories are the species, not sure, you decide.

For the sake of the example, let's say that I have 100 species. Each species has a side by side display. In this display the left part cycles thru say 3 pictures and the right side cycles thru 4 pictures. 

For instance the entry Coreopsis, will have 3 pictures of the flower in the left and 4 pictures of the print of the flower in the right. The entry Geranium, will have (the same to make it simpler) 3 pictures of flowers and 4 pictures of prints. 

New video

Thank you.