Unable to add Existing Google My Business Listing - Frozen on Rotating Square!

After trying A to Z, it seems that the problem isn't on our end. It's also not a problem on Google's end. The App built used for connecting GBP to our Squarespace website under Location Management is not a Verified Google App. For the permissions to go through, and link the GBP to the Squarespace website, it needs to be a Verified Google App. Whether they did not request it to be verified with Google or Google did not allow it because it does not meet their guidelines to be Verified, Squarespace needs to fix this ASAP. I have raised this issue to the support team so hopefully this problem will be fixed soon. It wouldn't hurt for others to submit a ticket with this issue to Squarespace support to raise awareness on the problem.

In case anyone is wondering how I came to this conclusion:

I saw in my Google Admin that manages my Domain/Squarespace Website under App Access Control that the other Squarespace Apps (Squarespace & Squarespace Analytics Search Console) were listed as "Google verified". The app "Squarespace Business" that is used for Location management was listed as "Not Google verified". These are all considered Third party apps for Google, and need to be verified to allow access/permissions to Squarespace.

Edited by sp201
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also having the same issue. Can anyone who previously replied or someone who has had this issue resolved explain their situation and the time it took to get it resolved? You would think an important issue like this would be rectified by now. I contacted the live chat and received a ticket number. Due to the high volume of requests, they will not further notify me about my issue or when it has been resolved. Does that mean they're not looking into my particular claim, but adding it to the countless others in hopes of fixing it on a broader scale? Anyone with this issue please contact the live chat or email the help center to put more pressure on getting this resolved. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone to marketing and tried to add my google business under location management but it will not go past the squarespace "loading" icon. I have several sites that been up and running for sometime and I'm not clicking create new. This is happening when I try to link. I've tried on my mobile and laptop continues to freeze all the time. Thanks for any help!

Google my business.png

• 4 weeks later...