Unable to add Existing Google My Business Listing - Frozen on Rotating Square!

Hi there,

I have tried for some time to add an existing (verified) Google Business Profile Listing to a client's site and the screen freezes at the square after allowing me to get as far as connecting the google account associated with it and clicking on "allow". 

I have tried troubleshooting with the following:

-Waited and tried again in a few days

-Tried on various browsers

-Logged in, logged out

-Verified emails, admin privileges, etc.

-The site is live

-Tried on various computers

-Tried instead to just add a new business listing (this did not work either)

I have successfully done this before, but I feel like there must be some update or something I am missing?)

Thank you for any help or insight!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The help desk got back to me. They are aware of the issue and are working on it. Below is the email I received.

Tony P. (Squarespace)

Jul 19, 2022, 1:31 PM EDT

Hey Alex, 

Thank you for reaching out and your patience as we have been experiencing a high number of requests.

I see you are reporting an issue with connecting Google My Business to your site? If so,  I can confirm this is related to an issue with connecting Google My Business to sites on our end. We’ve reported this to our Engineering team, and they’re currently prioritizing the issue.

Please keep in mind that there are many moving parts we need to address before we roll out a solution. We thoroughly test all fixes before they’re released.

As a result, we can’t guarantee how long it will take to fix issues like the one affecting your site. Also, because of the volume of reports we receive, we can’t always follow up personally when the issue is resolved.

That being said, customer bug reports are an important part of how we continue to improve our platform. If you come across any other unusual behavior, please let us know.

Tony P.

https://support.squarespace.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having this issue and bummed to see it's already been months and still happening. Since the Import isn't working I explored Create New Location. My business is virtual without any physical address. On Google My Business I don't have an address listed at all, only service areas. On GMB the fields for physical address disappear when I click being a service business. From Square Space when I click Create New Location a physical address is REQUIRED and can later be hidden. Others here don't mention if their businesses are virtual or not but I'm wondering if this discrepancy has anything to do with the bug. I'm not sure why Square Space requires a physical address for virtual/service businesses if Google My Business doesn't. I had a chat with customer service yesterday and they said they would "note" this in my account which is being added to the list of many others awaiting resolution.

Edited by Cathielmft
clarification
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I cant believe they haven't helped anyone with this in months. It's cool that we are paying full price for a website where the SEO isn't working which is half the point. Good job Squarespace. Thanks for listening and helping.😡

Hopefully they respond to someone and they post on here soon.

Hi there,

Having some issues with connecting google business to my location manager. I have put a ticket in with google but have not heard anything from them so far. The issue when selecting "add location via google business" the window just continually spins and never ends, I left it spinning before bed and its still going. Am I missing something?  I have tried deleting all past locations and disconnected my google account from squarespace and tried again with no luck