Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.veriff.com/

Is it possible to connect the Id verify with veriff.com on Squarespace?

When I asked for help, he told me : We don't have an official integration with them and as our checkout page doesn't accept custom code, I would reach out to the Forum before signing up to Veriff.

So, somebody already used that in the past or can propose a solution?

Indeed, we sell alcohol on our website and we need to be sure that every customer is over 18 years old (an official verification and not only the first page of the website). At the same time, do you know if it's possible to safeguard this information after the first verification in the customer account, to win time at the next order?

• Solution
On 6/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, Cider_Cellar_Ireland said:

Is it possible to connect the Id verify with veriff.com on Squarespace?

It isn't possible to add an 'identity verification' stage into the purchase workflow on Squarespace. This is for the reasons stated by the Squarespace representative - the checkout page doesn't accept custom code.

As an alternative it may be possible to an overlay that hides your website content until they are verified. Note that this would require the supplier to provide a js frontend-only integration option. Also, it would not offer a fully-secure solution; I say this because it would make it more difficult for a customer to make a purchase without validating their identity, but it wouldn't make it impossible.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 1:56 PM, Cider_Cellar_Ireland said:

Hello, So we have subscribed to Veriff. We know now that we can't create a link directly on checkout but we would like to create a link on our website. Could you tell me, how can I connect them together? I have tried a domain, but it's not possible because I have this message attached. What can I do?

Capture domains squarespace.PNG

You can contact Domain Provider (website where you purchased domain) to ask them how to unlock domain

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

If I understand correctly you are using a service from veriff.com for age verification.

It appears you are trying to transfer veriff's domain to your website which you won't be able to do as you don't own the domain, I assume.

I do not know how veriff works or can be integrated with an SS site but veriff is probably the best source for info. If you can point us to some specific veriff support docs we may be able to help further with SS specific issues.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

I see that this thread is a year old, but your question about age verification remains relevant. While the information provided may have changed since then, it's still essential to find a solution for age verification, especially for selling alcohol online.

I recommend checking the most recent updates from both Squarespace and veriff.com to see if any new integrations or options have become available. Additionally, you can explore other third-party services that specialize in age verification, as the technology and options in this field may have evolved over the past year.

Also, if you wanna safely use fake IDs, you might want to buy them from reliable sources like fakeyourdrank fake ids. They offer very reliable documents that can get you anywhere.

Edited by StAugustine