Testimonial slider - Customise Summary Block - Carousel Image to the left

Site URL: https://papaya-armadillo-7acs.squarespace.com/

Password for website: design101

I'm trying to customise a summary block on this website. I'm using the summary block as a testimonial carousel slider, so I'm feeding in the content from blog posts. I can kind of get the content looking almost how I want it when I'm in 'list view', but I still want to show multiple so I'm wondering how I can achieve this. if there even is a way.

**This occurs on the home page and the 1:1 coaching page.

Below is what I want to achieve.

image.thumb.png.14e783e7966f2d54f4afc5a8e8de51e3.png

Below is what I've been able to achieve (minus the carousel element).

image.thumb.png.a6e1f6d203498e8144f72569c99a6a60.png

• Replies 9
  • Views 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean

• Achieve carousel (left/right arrows)
  • Can add multi items with image left text right

Is this right?

If yes, just choose carousel layout, then we will give code to change arrow style & change image left text right

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

16 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You mean

This is correct! Thank you! I've just made this to be a carousel slider as you said.

The only issue I have now is... I have coded and styled the blog posts (the section directly below) to have black backgrounds and cream text, and now that is also being applied to the testimonial section. How do I get these edits to just be applied to the blog posts I want not all?

On 6/17/2022 at 8:38 AM, elizablake said:

This is correct! Thank you! I've just made this to be a carousel slider as you said.

The only issue I have now is... I have coded and styled the blog posts (the section directly below) to have black backgrounds and cream text, and now that is also being applied to the testimonial section. How do I get these edits to just be applied to the blog posts I want not all?

Hi. Which code did you use? We can change class name to make it apply to some specific element

Or send to forum message

Hi! I never used any code. You wrote me this:

On 6/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, tuanphan said:

You mean

Is this right?

If yes, just choose carousel layout, then we will give code to change arrow style & change image left text right

So I changed the block to carousel and waiting for code. Would love if you could please provide me with the correct code needed 🙂 Thanks so much!!!

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2022 at 2:13 AM, tuanphan said:

You mean

Is this right?

Hi Tuan, what is the code to change the layout in carousel summary blocks so the image is on the left, the text is on the right? I am in 7.0 Brine. Trying to make a testimonial slider like this original poster has, but it's not working very well so far. 

Link: https://www.youbelongsd.com/welcome-ybh#home-testimonials

Hey, I'm Jin (he/him). I'm a front end dev learning to make custom sites in Squarespace.

If you find my suggestions helpful, please upvote & like!😺

On 11/22/2022 at 6:34 AM, jinlikegold said:

Hi Tuan, what is the code to change the layout in carousel summary blocks so the image is on the left, the text is on the right? I am in 7.0 Brine. Trying to make a testimonial slider like this original poster has, but it's not working very well so far. 

Link: https://www.youbelongsd.com/welcome-ybh#home-testimonials

I see you solved this?

Or send to forum message

11 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I see you solved this?

I ended up getting a plugin that made it the layout I wanted. I would still be interested in the code for changing the layout (image on left, text on right) of a carousel summary block item, though! I have tried to do that in the past with code and was not successful. 

Hey, I'm Jin (he/him). I'm a front end dev learning to make custom sites in Squarespace.

If you find my suggestions helpful, please upvote & like!😺