Sorting objects by custom tags

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a website for a small-scale music label and we'd like to have a page that acts as an archiveand as a central place to download the music. The problem is that we'd like to be able to categorize and sort by various categories, like mood, tempo, genre and so on. Is there a way to do this in SquareSpace? I know products can be sorted by category using commerce, but we already use that option to sell products and we don't want to mix songs and products into our product page. Right now we just have a bunch of sub-sites and hyperlinks, which is not dynamic at all and doesn't look great, you click on, for example, mood, and then on the mood you want and get redirected to the according site, which is a) painstakingly slow for the user and b) not very dynamic since we need to upload quite a large amount of songs that often have multiple categories that would apply to them. For reference, if you scroll down a little on https://artlist.io/ you get a overview of their songs and have the option to sort on the left, that's roughly the functionality I'd like to implement.

I'm thinking some sort of database would be able to fix this, however I'm not very knowledgeable in that area, I have little experience with mySQL, but not enough to set up something totally custom.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Julian

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Sort/Filter features, I usually use Filter Plugin

It allows you to create multiple filters based on categories, tags, price,...and more for blog page, event page, portfolio, product...

You can consider it.

(The answer contains an affiliate link, which means I will receive a small commission if you click and buy the plugin according to the link above.)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)