Linked stock levels on variants OR add-on options with extra fees.. This needs to be solved urgently.

Site URL: https://unexpectedmaker.com/shop/reflow-master-pro

I get what inventory variants are for..   blue tees in small, medium & large - they are 3 unique stocked items, with individual stock levels.

But that's not what my products are - I have a single items I sell , that have optional add-ons, for instance:

Widget 1 is my base product, and I have 10 in stock I can sell.

Customers can buy widget 1 buy itself, or with a case, or with an adapter, or with both. All have different pricing base on what they choose.

But I still only have the fixed number of widgets. So when a customer buys widget 1 with a case, none of the other variations get reduced in quantity, so suddenly I have 9 widgets left in stock, but people can still buy 10 widget by themselves our with an adapter, but only 9 with a case..

This is a terrible user experience for me - I constantly have to go and update every variation of widget 1 every time I sell one of any variation, and if I have a sales spree - like overnight while I am asleep, I can over sell more then I physically have - which has happened to me many many times.

Check the attached image of the total mess variants are for this situation - and I want to add more options, but it just compounds the issue exponentially! We desperately need a solution for this.

Or, we need a way to have a product and "additional items at $X per item" - which is how most sane online inventory systems work.

qs_variant_disaster.png

9 hours ago, SeonR said:

Linked stock levels on variants

Squarespace doesn't have native support for this, but you can use the Trunk Inventory extension (third party service with an additional monthly cost) to keep quantities in sync across variants.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

So I have to pay 100% again on top of what I am already paying per year just to keep my variant stock levels in sync? That's pretty rough. Sure Trunk might do lots more than that, but I just need to have a way to reduce stock levels across all variants.

And it all has to happen in a different tool, and then I have to sync back and forwards. 

This is really something fundamental that Squarespace should have natively. 

2 hours ago, SeonR said:

So I have to pay 100% again on top of what I am already paying per year just to keep my variant stock levels in sync?

Yes, I personally think the Trunk extension is overpriced (it would be better if they had a lower-cost version that had limited features) but at least you know the options available now. 

Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feature requests (see the forum guidelines - item 6) so if you'd like to ask for this feature, you can do so by contacting Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...