What permission is needed for Collaborators to edit customer notification email messages?

I have been added as a Collaborator by the very non-tech-savvy owner of a Festival website, which he previously set up with the help of his daughter, who is no longer available to help.  This is the first time I've used Squarespace, so although I'm a technophile, it's a bit like the blind leading the blind.  (It took me a while to convince him that he could add me as a Collaborator, and not have to share his own login and password, but he did eventually manage to follow the instructions of the Squarespace help page that I sent him to do that.)

My permissions are such that I am able to add new Pages, and can access Orders, Inventory and Customers in Commerce, including the ability to add new Products, but on the main Commerce menu page, it says "You do not have access to this section", which is a bit weird, as I certainly do have access to the above sections (and possibly others that I haven't explored) within Commerce.  

More specifically, I would like to modify the email message that customers receive when they order tickets, but I'm getting a very unfriendly 403 Access Denied error, complete with the html source for the error page, rather than an actual error page, when I even try to look at any of the Customer Notifications (see screenshot).

Having looked at the permissions for Collaborators, it would seem that I must have Admin permission to be able to do what I can already do, so why would I be getting this error?  Could it be a bug?

Or if it's possible that I have a bunch of other permissions, but not Admin permission, what permission is actually required to modify the email messages, so that I can ask him to grant it?

Thanks

Error 403 - Access denied for email customisation.png

Commerce Access - You do not have permission.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Juwlz, here are 2 support article on permissions. I believe you need full Admin permissions to edit customer notification emails, you need access to global email styles. I'm not sure if Store manager or Website editor will grant you access to global email styles, even if you have access to most of commerce settings with those. See description from support guide below.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206537297

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/207273297

Administrator - Administrators can do almost everything the owner can do, except change the ownership. This is a good permission level for collaborators who need full access.

Store manager - Store managers can add products, reorder products, and manage orders. They can also add some content like blog posts and events. This is a good permission level for someone who manages your online store.

Website editor - Website editors can add products, blocks, and other content to existing pages. They can’t add new pages or make style changes. This is a good permission level for someone who updates your site regularly, but doesn’t make broad design decisions.

Thank you, but I *can* add pages, which is what makes me think I must have Admin permission, so maybe it's a Chrome issue.  There do seem to be some things that I can access using Firefox that don't work on Chrome.  

I can't see a way to see or change the Notifications in the Android app, so I'll try it with Firefox next time I'm near a PC.