Product name, description, and price not saving.

This problem just started a few days ago. I've been uploading products for about two weeks now. Normally I type the name, description, price, model, upload the photo, set the shipping, add the variants, then add the tags. I've done around 300-400 different products like this without issue. Now it seems to reset the name, description, and price after adding the photo, tags, or advanced shipping. The solution is to save the product after every section is filled out. That's leading to a lot of time wasted. I've tried cache reset just in case, with no luck. I'm wondering if anyone in the community has experienced this, or if I've done something to make this happen. Thanks in advance. I apologize if this has been answered, I wasn't sure how to word it.

• Replies 3
  • Views 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

54 minutes ago, Johncurry19 said:

Now it seems to reset the name, description, and price after adding the photo, tags, or advanced shipping.

I haven't see this issue, but similar issues with clients are usually caused by browser add-ons for passwords or similar. If you have any of these installed, I recommend trying another browser that doesn't have them, or opening the site in an incognito or private window. If none of this helps, it is best to get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care

As an aside, if you are adding hundreds of products you may want to look at the product import feature using a CSV file.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try. I originally attempted to use CSV, but the transfer from OpenCart has been a nightmare. There's an issue with the variants/options, and my customer hasn't correctly set the weights and sizes. Found it to be easier to do them one by one, so I can correct the mistakes as we go. It's a small business so they pay me by the hour.