For the new site builders and anyone else actually, just a bit of advice I gave to a member here. 

I think that this forum has many of the answers to any problems you may have, in additon to Squarespace Technical Support. However anyone who needs help needs to do a few things to help the helplers so to speak. 

1. Post your site url including a password if needed. 

2. Let us know if you need code and or if you have any on your site now. 

3. Be very specific about the problem, in other words what is it not doing you want it to do or what is it doing you don't want it to do. 

4. Realize that sometimes a problem is caused  by  not using the configuration platform properly or to its full potential. 

5. Be patient with us folks here, sometimes we have to go to the lab to figure things out. 

6. And most of all remember that in the tech world nothing is perfect but can still be pretty good. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

On point 2 I'd like to add that throwing long listings of your code into a post doesn't help me very much. See point one! Seeing the site in action with your description of the problem or what you want to do is much more helpful. If us helpers need a code listing we will ask for it in a post.

Also reposting code from earlier in a thread with your changes or somewhere else generally doesn't help. If the code is in your site or another site, let us see it in those places.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.