Edit Box keeps disappearing

23 minutes ago, KateG said:

The Squarespace Help Desk said it could be because of the custom CSS but I don't know how to sort that

To determine if Custom CSS is affecting your site:

1. Save a copy of the Custom CSS somewhere safe.
  2. When you are confident that you have successfully made a copy of the CSS you can then delete everything from the Custom CSS panel.
  3. Click Save to save the changes.
  4. Refresh your site in your browser by clicking the browser's refresh button.
  5. If you can now edit your site normally, the Custom CSS was causing the issue. You'll need to troubleshoot the CSS before adding it again. If the problem persists, contact Squarespace Customer Care so they can help you troubleshoot.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, ArminB said:

Hey There!

It's not possible to access the editing mode of your site unless you directly invite someone as editor/admin etc...
so I'd suggest that you try a different browser or device to see if this problem still occurs

On 6/7/2022 at 11:19 AM, paul2009 said:

To determine if Custom CSS is affecting your site:

1. Save a copy of the Custom CSS somewhere safe.
  2. When you are confident that you have successfully made a copy of the CSS you can then delete everything from the Custom CSS panel.
  3. Click Save to save the changes.
  4. Refresh your site in your browser by clicking the browser's refresh button.
  5. If you can now edit your site normally, the Custom CSS was causing the issue. You'll need to troubleshoot the CSS before adding it again. If the problem persists, contact Squarespace Customer Care so they can help you troubleshoot.

Hi Paul - thanks very much for your suggestion. It reminded me that the guy who I got the code from said you have to deactivate the code in the advanced settings first when you want to make edits. If you hadn't have suggested what you did I don't think I would've remembered it, so thank you!! All sorted now.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, ArminB said:

Hey There!

It's not possible to access the editing mode of your site unless you directly invite someone as editor/admin etc...
so I'd suggest that you try a different browser or device to see if this problem still occurs

Hi Armin - thanks very much for responding. I'd forgotten that the YouTube guy who I got the code from said you have to deactivate it in the advanced settings before first when you want to make edits. I did that and it's all sorted now. Love your portfolio by the way and very inspiring that it's all done on Squarespace.