Aligning text to logo

• Replies 9
  • Views 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remove, make a copy somewhere, any previous attempts at manipulating that text block.

@media only screen and ( pointer : coarse) and ( mmin-width : 1025px ),
screen and ( min-width : 800px )

{

#block-6a5984dad3cbc96af63c {

left : 0;
      padding-left : 4vw;
      position : fixed;

}

}

This is for v7.1 and specific to the posters need.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Super! Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep that block a bit higher up on the page, somewhere closer to halfway down the image. Thanks! 

EDIT: I experimented a bit and adding these two lines seems to work, not sure if there's a cleaner way...
      top: 0;
      padding-top: 9%;

EDIT 2: It seems to have applied to mobile too even though it seems the screen width is specified in your code... would prefer it doesn't apply to mobile -- thank you!

EDIT 3: Whooops I just noticed the text is now scrolling down the page and overlaying over other images... see attached screenshot

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 10.43.24 AM.png

Edited by camfont

@creedon 's solution is certainly valid, but personally, I'd go a different route.

Trying to position via fixed or absolute is problematic because fixed is always on screen and sqsp uses a lot of relative elements which make it hard to use absolute. It's better to adjust the parent element to the header's specs. (Speaking of which, this whole alignment thing isn't a problem if you set the header to not go wider than the rest of the page. )

Here's what I'd do:

div#page-section-623a002cd58eb62b7dfa1775 {
    min-width: 92vw!important;
    margin-left: calc(~"50% - 46vw");
}

As long as your headlines are left justified, it should work and you won't have it popup elsewhere on the page.

I think you can achieve a similar effect without CSS!

Set up the page section with the following settings.

1870333483_ScreenShot2022-06-08at4_43_16PM.png.9b253ad6487e2002388574ae76d4c1dc.png

Have two blocks on the page.

555475157_ScreenShot2022-06-08at4_53_15PM.thumb.png.e37c3034c1e85673a4d111ab73aa36fc.png

Demo.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@DV2 That seems to work! I did have to add negative margin b/c it was too far down @creedon I tried your solution but there's too much margin on the left, it doesn't align like in your examples... 

Thanks all – until I break it again!!!