What laptop would you recommend for use with Squarespace?

I’d like to get a laptop computer specifically for designing and maintaining a website with Squarespace.  I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max for almost everything else online.  Should I try to save for a MacBook Air, or would a cheaper alternative be just as good?  At this time, designing a website with Squarespace  is the only reason I would intend to purchase a laptop (since I understand that the app doesn’t have every feature).  Thanks 🙏

• Replies 1
  • Views 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd look for the fastest processor and biggest screen. Basically the things you can't change once the purchase has been made. Then from there a large hard drive, max memory, and support for external monitor. So you can have even more screen real estate.

I have found that by maxing things out at the start the unit, if it lasts a long time, as Apple products tend to do, in my experience, will feel as it performs better over its lifetime.

When you go low-end you often feel shortly after the purchase you want a new one 'cause the current one is crawling. 😞

On memory, Apple prices have traditionally been way above what you can get them for from other sources. I have had good luck with Other World Computing. I haven't looked at memory prices lately but given the world wide silicon shortage, I image they are astronomical now! Of course if you get the lowest memory Mac, you have to be comfortable with installing chips. There is some risk. You have to read Apple's current warranty policy on memory self installs.

AppleCare might be a reasonable investment. I've purchased Apple products with and without. When I did I only had to use it sparingly. Although I was glad for those few instances. The times I've not purchased I've never had a time when I wished I had. That is the conundrum of warranty policies. 🙂

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.