Youtube Videos Not Loading In Safari On Mac Or iOS

Site URL: http://www.jeffbierman.com/ariana-grande-1

I am having trouble with YouTube videos loading on my site. All of the videos that I have linked from my Vimeo account play fine on all browsers, but the two clips I have that are linked from YouTube don't load or even show a thumbnail in Safari on Mac or iOS, but they work fine in Chrome on both my laptop and phone. 

It's essential for me to be able to present these works of mine on an apple device. Has anyone experienced this or know what could be causing the issue? I have had my site for a long time, maybe 8 years and I only just have noticed this issue.

These are the two pages with YouTube links that don't work:

http://www.jeffbierman.com/ariana-grande-1

http://www.jeffbierman.com/halsey-1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JeffBier said:

I am having trouble with YouTube videos loading on my site.

As a first step, I recommend you enable SSL so that it can display an embedded video that is hosted securely. 

To enable this, head to Settings > Advanced > SSL and enable Secure (Preferred) and Save your settings.

When you are happy everything is working correctly, come back and enable HSTS Secure.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 9:21 AM, paul2009 said:

As a first step, I recommend you enable SSL so that it can display an embedded video that is hosted securely. 

To enable this, head to Settings > Advanced > SSL and enable Secure (Preferred) and Save your settings.

When you are happy everything is working correctly, come back and enable HSTS Secure.

Is this the final full solution for embedded YouTube videos not playing? I'm still having the same issue with embedded Youtube videos not playing from my site on Mac/ios safari. Vimeo video plays just fine. I did the Secure(Preferred) and nothing has changed. Any other solutions?

Projekt Media (projekt-media.com) 

Thanks!