Can't get a line to stretch across the page when there are two adjoining text/picture blocks above it.

Site URL: https://lancasterdemocrats.com

Impact Template

I have two adjoining blocks (text and picture) next to each other at the bottom of my page. When I click the plus sign at the bottom of the longer text block, and try to add a line, it only stretches across one block width. A line (as shown above these two blocks is used to end the previous other information and indicates new information below it. But at the bottom of the page, I can't get it to work. Your help is appreciated. I can't find the answer in Help or videos. 

Terry1121 

• Replies 3
  • Views 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Creedon. This must not be on my template. I've had mine for four years. Thank you. I did resolve this when I came to the bottom of the screen before I added content the last time but I don't remember how now. I tried moving the block to the extreme side of the page looking for something to pop up but no luck now. 

I just tried something again. I dragged it down slowly until a bold blue line showed up that spanned the page and it worked! Thanks, Creedon. Note, that plus sign you show on the left doesn't show in my template. Good to know, though.  

6 minutes ago, Terry1121 said:

that plus sign you show on the left doesn't show in my template.

The layout editor can get cranky so it may not even be your template just a general failure.

The technique you ended up using is the workaround. Find some place to stick in the new content and then shuffle things around.

It might not hurt to try quitting out of your browser and loading the page again.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.