hiding certain links in navigation bar on some pages

This has helped me and I'm so close to the result I want! Thank you creedon and tuanphan!
Is there any way to make it so the
  .header-nav-item:nth-child( 3 ) {
      display : none;
        }
only hides the nav bar links but NOT links inside folder(drop down/burger menu)?

Maybe like "hide when folder in closed state" "when folder in open state DON'T hide" kinda logic?
I'm just new to coding f(;;^-^)

(I'm using Ryan's code for making link folder burger menu)
https://ryandejaegher.com/how-to-add-a-desktop-burger-to-squarespace-7.1/

My goal is simply:
Desktop: Links 1, 2, on desktop page header + burger folder containing ALL links 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Then mobile:  links 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in default squarspace burger (and I hide the custom burger folder for desktop)

On 5/11/2023 at 9:35 AM, Jasperica said:

This has helped me and I'm so close to the result I want! Thank you creedon and tuanphan!
Is there any way to make it so the
  .header-nav-item:nth-child( 3 ) {
      display : none;
        }
only hides the nav bar links but NOT links inside folder(drop down/burger menu)?

Maybe like "hide when folder in closed state" "when folder in open state DON'T hide" kinda logic?
I'm just new to coding f(;;^-^)

(I'm using Ryan's code for making link folder burger menu)
https://ryandejaegher.com/how-to-add-a-desktop-burger-to-squarespace-7.1/

My goal is simply:
Desktop: Links 1, 2, on desktop page header + burger folder containing ALL links 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Then mobile:  links 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in default squarspace burger (and I hide the custom burger folder for desktop)

What is site url? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

18 hours ago, tuanphan said:

What is site url? We can check easier

Xin chào Tuaphan! My Squarespace hero!

I'm so sorry my client is super private and I can't share anything (;TT-TT)

I saw from your other posts that you can specify only the nav folder to be affected by code using
.header-nav-folder
.header-nav-folder-content

etc.
I thought there might be some code I could use to specify the main nav items only so the code doesn't affect the folder nav items too.

If it doesn't exist, I can create a trial account and rebuild the main components and share that but it will take a little time to build it up for you. Just let me know. It will be worth it to be able to learn how to code the function correctly! 🙂

On 5/13/2023 at 9:27 AM, Jasperica said:

Xin chào Tuaphan! My Squarespace hero!

I'm so sorry my client is super private and I can't share anything (;TT-TT)

I saw from your other posts that you can specify only the nav folder to be affected by code using
.header-nav-folder
.header-nav-folder-content

etc.
I thought there might be some code I could use to specify the main nav items only so the code doesn't affect the folder nav items too.

If it doesn't exist, I can create a trial account and rebuild the main components and share that but it will take a little time to build it up for you. Just let me know. It will be worth it to be able to learn how to code the function correctly! 🙂

You can also duplicate the site, delete the important content....then share link.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...