Filtering a portfolio site

Site URL: https://www.rumgehoer.dk/portfolio

Hello world 

Im trying to make a filtering system for the portfolio collection/block on my site. 
But it seems that this is only manageable with other collections(?) and that the "universal filter" doesn't work with the portfolio collection. 

Here is my site: https://www.rumgehoer.dk/portfolio 
I'm using the collections for typing in individual projects, which I would like to make a filtering system for so the visitors can filter between design / architecture / process and so on)  

If any one has some ideas for how to solve this I'm open for good ideas!  

Hey @Victor_Tambo

You are correct. Universal filter only works on other collections and not Portfolios, currently. This is because they cannot be loaded into Summary blocks.

A workaround is to create a blog version of your projects, and then use a clickthrough URL to your Portfolio pages. It's a bit clunky at first but it works very well and is the best current solution.

You can see an example (albeit with more customisation) over on PhillPallen.co

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, KwameAndCo said:

Hey @Victor_Tambo

You are correct. Universal filter only works on other collections and not Portfolios, currently. This is because they cannot be loaded into Summary blocks.

A workaround is to create a blog version of your projects, and then use a clickthrough URL to your Portfolio pages. It's a bit clunky at first but it works very well and is the best current solution.

You can see an example (albeit with more customisation) over on PhillPallen.co

I just tried yesterday, I can still install Filter Plugin on Portfolio Page with Layout Hover Background/Follow Cursor, but it seems the filter link does not appear, only "All" and "Search Bar" appear.

Have you tried install Filter on Portfolio yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

11 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Have you tried install Filter on Portfolio yet?

Nono.

You create a Blog and use that for the filter. 

Then you use clickthrough links to the portfolio pages.

You're not actually filtering the Portfolio content as that's currently not possible, so the Blog with its tags etc creates a workaround.

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.