Getting clients to read and agree to Disclosure Statement - via hyperlink in Custom Form?

Site URL: https://www.themoneyjourney.co.nz/

Hello community,

Over the weekend, I upgraded my financial services website from just a 'get in touch' functionality to a proper store.

A requirement for financial services providers here in New Zealand is to provide a Disclosure Statement to clients when they sign up for financial advice. My Disclosure Statement is available in my footer across the website. However, I would like to prompt clients to read it and agree to it as part of the checkout process.

Unfortunately, the Squarespace checkout has only got set fields for Return Policy, Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Is there any way I can customise those to replace with another type of document, namely my Disclosure Statement?

Otherwise, I tentatively added an Additional Field below. I've been able to insert a hyperlink into the Custom Checkout Form, but it doesn't work on the live website.

Thanks a million!

Christel

image.thumb.png.6c3da4ee91f38ae43e5c574f5fe5c1fc.png

image.png.0feece258cf6e4b8fa81d9a993dc7008.png

Edited by Christel_NZ
  • Christel_NZ changed the title to Getting clients to read and agree to Disclosure Statement - via hyperlink in Custom Form?

The changes you can make to the checkout page are very limited. It is a SS security feature.

If you could insert HTML into to the form like you tried that would breach security.

Adding that form to each product may allow for more options customizing the form itself with custom code.

It your customers are only buying one product usually then that could work. If they buy multiple then it could be a bit tedious for them.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.