Adding Email Automation to a Submission Form

Site URL: https://www.schmidtresources.com/marketing-project-request

We have a few form blocks on our site that we'd love to have email automations triggered from after submission. We've done that with products on our store using Squarespace's campaigns add on, but that only works for store products or newsletter sign-ups.

Does anyone know of a way/product to trigger automatic emails after a form is submitted? We have the pop-up that says "thanks for your submission" and all that, but our clients routinely miss that and sending an email follow up would be awesome.

https://www.schmidtresources.com/marketing-project-request

Edited by Jdwaldy
Forgot some context!

I'm looking for the same thing. I've a 'sign-up to waitlist' form and would like to send an automated 'Thank You' email with expectations on the project I'm launching. If there is a way to do this, I'm yet to find how. Would be great to find a way to do this.

• 1 year later...

Hello, we are looking for the same thing. Once someone applies to adopt an animal through our site we would love to send an automated email stating 'Thank you for your application. A volunteer will be in touch within 24 hours.' Or something to that nature. We receive the application and then separate emails from eager adopters. It does state on our site that they will receive a response within a certain amount of time but, honestly, people are very eager and don't always read. They submit an app and then let us know they did so and when can they hear back. Email automation to forms would be a great help.

8 hours ago, RIFR said:

Once someone applies to adopt an animal through our site we would love to send an automated email stating 'Thank you for your application. A volunteer will be in touch within 24 hours.'

There isn't a built-in auto-reply feature, but you can connect Form Blocks to the online automation tool Zapier. Zapier has both a free plan and premium plans.

To connect Zapier:

1. Click Edit (or the pencil icon) on the form or newsletter block, then click Storage.
  2. In the storage tab, click Zapier, then click Connect.

For example, Send emails for new Squarespace form submissions.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.