restrict customers from being able to cancel their own subscriptions

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I need to make it so my customers are NOT able to cancel their subscriptions on their own. They must call me to cancel or change their subscriptions. Right now, I am seeing this verbiage (below) right before a customer checks out with a subscription in their cart. I need to take this off. I also need to make it so their accounts are charged on the 1st of every month, not on the day of the month in which they signed up for the subcription. 

"By clicking subscribe, you agree that: your subscription will be set to continuous auto-renewal payments of $100.00 every month with your next payment due on June 17, 2022. You authorize us to take this amount from your card every month. You can cancel your subscription at any time on your account." 

Any help would be great! 

• Solution
4 hours ago, Bernadette said:

I need to make it so my customers are NOT able to cancel their subscriptions on their own. They must call me to cancel or change their subscriptions.

This isn't recommended. By giving customers the freedom to manage their account, as Squarespace intended, you will improve user experience, and empower your brand and reputation. Providing a pleasant 'offboarding' process gives you the opportunity to empathise with the customer and explain the benefits of their subscription. It also helps to prevent disputes and reputational damage.

4 hours ago, Bernadette said:

I also need to make it so their accounts are charged on the 1st of every month, not on the day of the month in which they signed up for the subscription

Whenever a subscription is purchased, it will renew on that date. 

Subscriptions won't start on a single billing date per month; they will renew on the date they were purchased. However, you can delay each new subscription so that they become aligned after purchase but this is a manual process for each purchase. You can do this in Home > Profiles > Customers:

• Find and click the customer whose subscription you want to delay.
  • Click Reschedule order date
  • Select the new renewal date.
  • Click Save
  • Click Continue.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I realize it is not reccomended that customers are unable to cancel on thier own, however that is how I would like it to be set up. If this can't be changed ,is there anyway I can remove this wording from the checkout page? Especailly if I am going to manually chane each account to be billed on the 1st of the month, I don't want my customers to be under the impression that their accounts will be charged next a month out from purchase date.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 112423.png

20 minutes ago, Bernadette said:

is there anyway I can remove this wording from the checkout page?

No. It is impossible to change any wording on the Checkout page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with Bernadette and HazimHabieh because it truly does make it hard to enforce my business policy requiring clients to cancel 14 days prior to their billing date. I put this policy in place because I do my business full-time and it is literally my lifeline, so requiring this ensures that I have enough time to prepare in case someone does cancel. In terms of disputes/chargebacks, I have dealt with this before but being that ALL of my clients sign a contract that agrees to the 14 day cancellation notice, and agrees to the terms & conditions every time they book an appointment (where it is stated again) it has always been reversed. 

I really would like for this feature to be changes or at least allow us (as the business owner) to take on the risk of not allowing clients to cancel at anytime.