replace SS Calendar function w Google Calendar

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://thechicagochristiancommunity.org/calendar

Hello:  I have the main calendar menu set up using the Square Space tools and it just doesnt work for adding consistent daily calendar items, especially with no repeating event feature.  I want to leave the calendar menu item, but replace the whole functionality with a google calendar.  Do I have to have a "business" or "commerce" level subscription to embed the Google calendar code.  I hope not.  Also, have been reading below how to make the calendar more responsive for mobile.  I'm fine showing a list on mobile and graphic calendar on computer.  The posts below are many years old and I'm wondering if they still apply,

Thank you so much.  I went to SS page on code injection and nothing appeared.  the video was not functioning .

• Replies 2
  • Views 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
4 hours ago, SheilaD said:

Do I have to have a "business" or "commerce" level subscription to embed the Google calendar code.

You cannot use a Personal Plan. You'll require a Business Plan or higher.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

I know my answer came pretty late, but maybe it is still useful.  

1. You create a new section in S.S.

2. You create in that section a code block

3. you can just put an iframe of your google calendar but then you can't customize just a little bit the colors and fonts   or   you can use Full Calendar plugin  (it is important that you have in the G Calendar settings the calendar made public, also from that settings you get the embed code(iframe) for the calendar)

4. For the Full Calendar plugin(taking the events/event groups) by their id) I wrote an article where it says step by step how to implement it on a Squarespace page. This the link for it:  https://www.ui-workarounds.com/implement-your-google-calendar-on-a-squarespace-page/

Edited by joseph81

Jozsef Kerekes - Front-end developer and Squarespace enthusiast
My Blog: https://ui-workarounds.com
If you like my answer, please give me an upvote/like. Highly appreciated.