How to custom edit phone box in Forms

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello, I need to change same details in the Form but i can't find anything to tell me how this is done. I have added a phone section but it is coming up in 3 separate boxes. This is confusing my UK based customers as we don't usually split our phone numbers into 3 over here. Is there any way of making it easier with 1 box to fill in?

I'm at www.bioelectriclife.co.uk the form is on https://www.bioelectriclife.co.uk/free-consultation

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 5/16/2022 at 2:28 PM, Sally888 said:

I have added a phone section [to a Squarespace Form] but it is coming up in 3 separate boxes. This is confusing my UK based customers

Squarespace is still very US-centric and doesn’t (yet!) have a telephone field suitable for the rest of the world. The best workaround is to add a standard Text field and label it as a telephone number field instead.

You'll find a similar US-centric issue with date fields too 😕

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 9 months later...

Hi I am trying to create an option for customers to pickup items from my store. I managed to create the radio buttons for the options but the prelude to that is the customer filling information on the form (collecting info including phone number). I am based in NZ and the system doesn't seem to recognise that, and keeps throwing up an error message. This is despite me picking NZ as the country in the setup. 

Attaching error message from the system.  Can you anyone tell me what I might have wrong, possibly?

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, yokelee said:

I am based in NZ and the system doesn't seem to recognise that, and keeps throwing up an error message [in the phone field]

Please see my answer above.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.