Site password - after entering password, still randomly asking for it again

Have a site I need a site password for.  If I understand the concept correctly, the user enters the site password then has access to all pages until password naturally expires as SQSP has it set (~ 4 hrs?)

Right now, site password allows access.  But for some pages it randomly asks for the password again, well within any password expiration period.

Im wondering if its how I have the pages organized?  Should they all be under the Main Nav area and Enabled?  I have many of them in the Not Linked section (from early idea to keep hidden).  

Thanks!

735667499_notlinked.jpg.f023ef05831ea5c7ae15c03aa10c7aed.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, roattw said:

Right now, site password allows access.  But for some pages it randomly asks for the password again

Are you an administrator of the site and able to check individual page settings? If a page password has been set on some of these pages - in addition to the site password - it would cause these symptoms. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping to find some individual pages password protected, but none are.  Just the site is password protected.  But I still have subpages asking for password after the initial site login password is used.