Google Search Console not indexing most pages on my site

Site URL: https://spiritwomanleader.com

Hello,

Google is not indexing most of the pages on my site. It's indexed 2, but Excluded 24 pages. Google Console doesn't say where to find the reason for the exclusion. I contacted Google and they can't find where the Exclusion reason is located in Google Console.

In comparison, Bing has indexed 8 pages.

1) How long does it take for all the pages on a new site to get indexed approximately? 2 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months?

2) Where do I find the Exclusion reason? If there is something to fix, I want to fix it. If it is just time, I will wait.

Hanna

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hanna1 said:

Google is not indexing most of the pages on my site. It's indexed 2, but Excluded 24 pages. Google Console doesn't say where to find the reason for the exclusion.

You’ll find the list of pages that are excluded in your robots.txt file here: https://spiritwomanleader.com/robots.txt

you cannot edit this file, but it should help you to understand why many pages are excluded and that this is normal.

Follow this guide to learn how to fix common problems when a site or specific pages in it isn't appearing in search results: Why doesn't my site appear in Google searches?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Google Search Console not indexing most pages on my site

I have the same issue and none of the help pages listed above shows how to fix common problems on specific pages. I asked for help directly on 4 different occasions and no one at squarespace can provide any guidance. This is extremely frustrating. I've had my website live for over 5 months- and still- no indexing and no knowledge on how to fix it. I will eventually have to cancel my service altogether. What good is a website if no one can see it?

Hi @paul2009,

I clicked the robot link you provided above, but I don't know how to read that document. It doesn't help me understand why many pages are excluded nor why it is normal.

I looked at the second link. I have done everything on it. The only Code Injection I have are for a Flodesk pop-up, Shareaholic buttons in my footer, and a sidebar in my blog. Under Custom CSS, I have some design code from a designer. I looked at all of this code and don't see any noindex code in it.

Can you tell me:

1) How do I read the robot page? Why are excluded pages normal?

2) How long does it take for all the pages on a new site to get indexed approximately? 2 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months?

3) Where do I find the Exclusion reason?

Hanna

13 hours ago, paul2009 said:

You’ll find the list of pages that are excluded in your robots.txt file here: https://spiritwomanleader.com/robots.txt

you cannot edit this file, but it should help you to understand why many pages are excluded and that this is normal.

Follow this guide to learn how to fix common problems when a site or specific pages in it isn't appearing in search results: Why doesn't my site appear in Google searches?

13 hours ago, Hanna1 said:

How do I read the robot page? Why are excluded pages normal? Where do I find the Exclusion reason?

Please take a look at Understanding Google SEO emails and console errors as this Squarespace document  tries to explain the ins and outs of the robots file.

13 hours ago, Hanna1 said:

How long does it take for all the pages on a new site to get indexed approximately? 2 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months?

It varies. It can take from several hours to several weeks but it helps to submit your sitemap.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009 

Topic 1: Are you saying that everything in my robot file is a "noindex" that SQS tells Google not to index because it is a page for my site that exists behinds the scenes and I don't know is there?

I looked at everything in my pages robot file and there's nothing in there I recognize/created.

Topic 2: "register both the www and the non-www version of the domain." Google Search Console doesn't let you do this anymore. I think it just does it for you automatically (unless I'm doing something wrong). It wouldn't allow me to enter anything but spiritwomanleader.com.

Hanna

I'm suddenly having this issue as well on one of my client's sites. The site was showing up fantastic for a year plus. Now, suddenly it only shows the "contact" page when google searching. Google also isnt referencing the SEO Title and Description. Completely ignoring both of those. I've asked for Google to recrawl/index but no luck. I feel like its something on the Squarespace side.  

Search "Clearwing" or "Clearwing Productions". 
www.clearwing.com