images and text moving on desktop when you resize browser

Site URL: http://www.moonlitdesign.uk

I am so disheartened and not sure what i've done wrong. 

How do I create a fully responsive design where images and text do not move around when you resize the browser?
i've set the media queries for mobile, tablet and laptop perfectly.

There isn't one set for desktop, as I did all that coding first, then did the media queries for the other devices after. 

is this my issue? I'm just trying to find out what is best practices to make it work. 

• Replies 4
  • Views 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

How do I create a fully responsive design where images and text do not move around when you resize the browser?

I'm a little confused. Responsive design by its very nature is meant to move things around as the viewport size changes. The idea being make the best use of the space you have available. Unlike the old days where pages didn't respond very well to viewport changes and stuff would often be outside of the viewport.

Is the issue that elements are moving or that they move in a way that breaks the flow? The latter can sometimes be an issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.