Adding a button on a specific product - Custom code needed

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.everallurejewelry.com/

Please see attached image

I need to add a button under Ring Size . This button will be "How to measure your ring size accurately": This button can then link you to a information page.  I need to add custom code to achieve this.

I've already spoken with a Squarespace consultant. The Squarespace template only allows a button to be added in the header or footer (additional information section).  I was advised to come to this forum and ask a web-designer for help?

Can anyone assist??  

HOW TO ADD A BUTTON ON A PRODUCT PAGE.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Views 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
2 hours ago, EverA said:

I need to add a button under Ring Size. This button will be "How to measure your ring size accurately": This button can then link you to a information page.

Instead of adding a button below Ring Size, I would recommend adding it just above, as it is more likely to be seen by potential customers, before they reach the size selector and panic that they don't understand.

For a no code solution, you could add a text link within the product description, so that it appears just above the 'Ring Size:' caption like this: 

image.thumb.png.02c5162de1629214227454973dc55f99.png

A button may be overkill but if you want it to look like a button, some very simple CSS could be added to style it this way.

If you want it to appear closer to the ring size selector, you'll require something more complex, in the form of some custom JavaScript that looks for the ring size selector (on both desktop and mobile) and then adds a link in the correct position:

image.thumb.png.53c2dbc99e5efe4fa9478de22400d9a2.png

I hope this helps.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for your response!

Could you please give me a step-by-step on how to do the first suggestion:

"For a no code solution, you could add a text link within the product description, so that it appears just above the 'Ring Size:'