Need help with changing font family on one block of text

Site URL: http://hilarybeckwith.com/

Hello!

I have been trying endlessly to simply change the font family for h3 and h4 on ONE block of text, and I can't get it to work. I am doing exactly what I have in other scenarios, but it is not working.

I have tried putting in the font with hyphens, and without, tried capitalizing, tried without. CODING IS NOT MY THING. I don't understand why it won;t work. Please help!

Trying to change h3 and h4 in this one block of text to the font Squarespace calls "Adore You Slanted".

The code I have tried is (like I said, I've tried variations, as well):

h3 {font-family: adore-you-slanted !important;}

and h4 {font-family: adore-you-slanted !important;}

Please help!!

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Need help with changing font family on one block of text
  • Replies 6
  • Views 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, hilaryb said:

Site URL: http://hilarybeckwith.com/

Hello!

I have been trying endlessly to simply change the font family for h3 and h4 on ONE block of text, and I can't get it to work. I am doing exactly what I have in other scenarios, but it is not working.

I have tried putting in the font with hyphens, and without, tried capitalizing, tried without. CODING IS NOT MY THING. I don't understand why it won;t work. Please help!

Trying to change h3 and h4 in this one block of text to the font Squarespace calls "Adore You Slanted".

The code I have tried is (like I said, I've tried variations, as well):

h3 {font-family: adore-you-slanted !important;}

and h4 {font-family: adore-you-slanted !important;}

Please help!!

I've been playing around with this, and still cannot figure it out. It seems like I'm doing it correctly, but it only works with certain fonts, for some reason. 

Like, if I use that code with just 'arial', it changes the font as expected. But if I try other unconventional fonts from Squarespace's font list, it won't work. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.43.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.43.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.43.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.42.58 AM.png

this is corect font name

adore-you-slanted

Note: Squarespace does not load all fonts, it will slow down the website. So when you use font-family for some font you will find it doesn't work.
What you need to do is set that font for a certain element, eg meta info, button...to make Squarespace load that font, then you can use CSS font-family.

thung_art.thumb.png.3505d2ea93e29c5e245c578820ab29cf.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

9 hours ago, tuanphan said:

this is corect font name

adore-you-slanted

Note: Squarespace does not load all fonts, it will slow down the website. So when you use font-family for some font you will find it doesn't work.
What you need to do is set that font for a certain element, eg meta info, button...to make Squarespace load that font, then you can use CSS font-family.

thung_art.thumb.png.3505d2ea93e29c5e245c578820ab29cf.png

I appreciate the info. I have tried "adore-you-slanted" and it doesn't work. 

And yes, I do have the heading font family set to a default, as you say, but I want to only change it on this one component. 

So, it sounds like, according to what you're saying, I am doing it correctly, Squarespace just can't tolerate it.

Is that correct?

On 5/14/2022 at 1:03 AM, hilaryb said:

I appreciate the info. I have tried "adore-you-slanted" and it doesn't work. 

And yes, I do have the heading font family set to a default, as you say, but I want to only change it on this one component. 

So, it sounds like, according to what you're saying, I am doing it correctly, Squarespace just can't tolerate it.

Is that correct?

Can you share link to a page where you used heading font adore you slanted?

Or send to forum message

11 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to a page where you used heading font adore you slanted?

http://hilarybeckwith.com (scroll down to the "Hey there! I'm Hilary")

Also, the "henderson sans basic" font does not seem to be working on some browsers for the heading text at the very top of this page. Squarespace preview shows it working, but it is not when I try to pull it up live on another browser.

11 hours ago, hilaryb said:

http://hilarybeckwith.com (scroll down to the "Hey there! I'm Hilary")

Also, the "henderson sans basic" font does not seem to be working on some browsers for the heading text at the very top of this page. Squarespace preview shows it working, but it is not when I try to pull it up live on another browser.

I see that text uses another font.

I mean. I see you said you have set the default Adore Slan font on the web. I need you to share the link to the element where you have it set up, so that I can check if the Adore Slan font is loaded.

--

Squarespace has thousands of fonts, and by default only a few are in the loading state. If they all load, your website will run like a turtle. So when you declare font-family for some fonts (which are not already in the preloaded list), the code won't work.
The solution here is that you need to go to Site Styles, set that font for a certain element on the web, to tell SS to load that font file, then you can use font-family.

Or send to forum message