Displaying tags on a blog landing page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.nimpairings.com/all-recipes-pairings

Hello Squarespace Community,

I have a food and wine blog and I need to display both tags and categories for each blog post on my blog landing page. Categories on my website are for meal types (starters, main courses etc) and the tags are meant to display the wines (Chardonnay, Merlot etc). Without the Tags appearing, one important information is missing. 

I contacted Squarespace Customer Care who told me that this feature was not built-in yet. Is there any way to display tags using code? 

Thank you so much for your precious hep!

• Solution
1 hour ago, NinonM said:

I have a food and wine blog and I need to display both tags and categories for each blog post on my blog landing page.

In Squarespace 7.0 you could show categories and tags on Blog List Pages, but sadly this feature is not included on Squarespace 7.1. On this version, tags are shown on the individual Blog Posts but there is not a feature that allows them to be displayed on Blog List Pages.

A developer could probably write some custom JavaScript to extract the tag information but the effort (cost) may not be justified. 

Have you tried using categories for the wines too? 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you very much for your quick reply paul2009. I will use categories for wines too then. I like the way categories and tags are separated by a dot (and not a comma) in summary blocks. I wanted the same presentation on my blog list page. But you are right, not worth the cost of hiring a developer just for that. So sad this feature disappeared on Squarespace 7.1! Thanks again anyway 🙂