Can I recover a deleted product?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi there, 

New to the forum so apologies if it's not so relevant. I really need help in retrieving a product that was accidentally deleted. There were a number of extremely important emails attached to the pre sale list of this product and now they are gone. 

I would really really appreciate any help here as I am very stressed to lose these contacts considering I've put weeks and months of work into building them. 

Thanks 

Colin

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
12 hours ago, colinwalsh said:

I really need help in retrieving a product that was accidentally deleted. There were a number of extremely important emails attached to the pre sale list of this product and now they are gone. 

Deleted products cannot be recovered. Deleting a product permanently removes it from your store. See the warning in the Delete Product confirmation box below:

image.png.a69a35f458e054fa20301e4482c95023.png

If you had a waitlist attached to the product, this will have been permanently deleted too. 

For future reference, I recommend you hide a product in future as a first step, especially if you think you may need to refer to it again.

Also, please note that it is only necessary to post a question once for the community to see it 🙂.

Did this answer help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...

This is so utterly ridiculous.  My product content disappeared randomly as I was editing the description and now I am unable to restore it, along with the emails from the waitlist.

I cannot believe that in 2022 something like this can happen with no ability to restore the content.  Not to mention that the commerce features in Squarespace itself seem really poor.  Heavily reconsidering using the commerce features at all.

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me as well.  My wife was trying to edit the product description and when she hit backspace, it gave some pop up.  It was not the one pictured above.  I don't know what it said because she is impatient and just clicks clicks clicks, but it wasn't "Delete Product" and its options were "remove" or "cancel".  She clicked cancel, but the behavior recurred when hitting backspace in the description box again.  In her infinite wisdom, she clicked remove, whereupon it allowed her to type what she wanted and use the backspace.  Then she clicked save, and the product is now gone.

What is this?  I need the product back ASAP.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Literally just happened to me as well, a pop up window appeared and couldn't work out what it related to as I was writing copy at the time. and I've lost about 8 products on my website that I'll have to add manually. I checked my deleted items folder hoping it might be in there but sadly, and rather unhelpfully, that just has a folder I created and didn't need.

5 hours ago, NicolaP said:

Any resolution to this? 

No. As explained above, deleted products cannot be restored.

If you are experiencing technical issues or something isn't working as expected, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly for assistance.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.