Can someone tell me if I filled this DNS transfer page correctly?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, MinL said:

I did the same for Namebright DNS setting, but it still doesn't work.

See the red warning message in your screenshot:

image.thumb.png.73456357de71f15c6258adecc7ff9d0c.png

The records shown in your screenshot are not the live ones, so changing them won't make any difference. This is because your domain name is being hosted on a different DNS server, not the one that you are editing via the Namebright webpage. If you need help changing the nameserver records, I recommend you contact Namebright

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problem, but with a domain registered with Hostmonster.  I built a website on SquareSpace, but the domain name has already been registered through Hostmonster, which I want to keep as the server.  I don't know what I need to do, whether it's transfer, map or something else.  None of the "how to" guides from SquareSpace match the actual menus I see when I go to Settings > Domains > Use a domain that I own.  I've been working on this for a couple of days and I am getting more confused with all the dead ends I run into.  I think I want to map the URL I am using to the SquareSpace  "built in domain" but I can't find any directions on how to do that.   Help would be much appreciated.