Reducing Padding at the TOP + BOTTOM of my logo (mobile view)

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The image file that you've uploaded for the logo has a lot of vertical white space above and below the logo (as highlighted by the checkerboard below):

image.png.f2358bf07dae0c45aeb08a9ba6a56f9a.png

If you edit the image file to remove the space above and below the logo, this will reduce the padding in the header.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

7 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The image file that you've uploaded for the logo has a lot of vertical white space above and below the logo (as highlighted by the checkerboard below):

image.png.f2358bf07dae0c45aeb08a9ba6a56f9a.png

If you edit the image file to remove the space above and below the logo, this will reduce the padding in the header.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Very good point. I tried but it reduces the space on the Desktop + iPad view... but not on mobile view 😞 
Is there a CSS code to fix this ?

9 minutes ago, elsapapa said:

I tried but it reduces the space on the Desktop + iPad view... but not on mobile view

There's a Logo Width setting in Site Styles that is specific to Mobile: Branding. If you reduce this from 150px, even though the logo is quite tall (it appears square), this should reduce the height of the header. 

image.png.4d7b9280c98f480241ad7eff77295d33.png

There's only 16px of vertical padding outside the logo so this isn't having much of an effect.

image.thumb.png.feafe49a4fd8e18932ae2a7747296360.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

10 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There's a Logo Width setting in Site Styles that is specific to Mobile: Branding. If you reduce this from 150px, even though the logo is quite tall (it appears square), this should reduce the height of the header. 

image.png.4d7b9280c98f480241ad7eff77295d33.png

There's only 16px of vertical padding outside the logo so this isn't having much of an effect.

image.thumb.png.feafe49a4fd8e18932ae2a7747296360.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Thank you, yes I've tried this before... It doesn't make much of a change. I guess it is just the shape of the logo? And won't be able to reduce the padding?

The padding isn't the issue - it's the space within the image. If you don't want to crop the image file, you could achieve the same effect by adding some negative margin like this:

.Mobile-bar-branding-logo {
  margin: -20px 0!important;
}

image.png.224febbc1ea7ff06e2c9bd7f9f40b971.png

16 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The padding isn't the issue - it's the space within the image. If you don't want to crop the image file, you could achieve the same effect by adding some negative margin like this:

.Mobile-bar-branding-logo {
  margin: -20px 0!important;
}

image.png.224febbc1ea7ff06e2c9bd7f9f40b971.png

Thank you, I have managed something with your help!