Reports from customers of issues on the checkout page

I've had a few reports from my customers that when hitting "purchase" at the checkout page, it shows "completing your order" loading page and then goes directly back to the checkout page without actually processing the order. It seems that when this happens, they've tried on mobile or a different web browser or have simply just come back to their cart at a later time and all of a sudden it works. 
I've done a "test" purchase myself and everything has gone smoothly. I've double checked that everything under checkout and payments are accurate.
Has anyone had this happen to them? Do we know what is causing this?
My worry is that this is happening more often that I'm unaware of and people are abandoning their carts because of it. 

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I would recommend reaching out to Squarespace support about this issue. They may have some insights as to why this could be happening. 

It would be very valuable though, if you could figure out a way to replicate the issue, and share that information with support.

If you find your customer's having this issue again you can always check out status.squarespace.com to see at a glance if it is an outage on Squarespace's systems.

19 hours ago, CarleyG said:

My worry is that [checkout failures are] happening more often that I'm unaware of and people are abandoning their carts because of it. 

I'm not aware of any cart issues in the last 48 hours but if your website is on a Commerce Advanced billing plan you'll be able to check cart abandonment rates.

You can view them in Analytics > Abandoned Cart and view them by the hour/day/week and so on.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.