Why cant I use Afterpay/Paypal pay in 4 for scheduling?

Is there any way to enable Afterpay for scheduling purchases?

I sell appointments and people obviously want payment plans. The PayPal pay-in-4 option is so unreliable I’ve never seen it work on my site. 

Im out of options to give to my clients, other than a service like Partial.ly or Splitit. 

Does anyone know of solutions that offer a code at checkout, taking you to another payment processor that splits and takes the payment for you?

Edited by CoreyBT
Title change
  • CoreyBT changed the title to Why cant I use Afterpay/Paypal pay in 4 for scheduling?
  • Replies 1
  • Views 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Squarespace Scheduling is a separate product and has different payment options to the Commerce checkout. Afterpay and PayPal credit options like PI4 are not yet supported on Scheduling, but you can choose from the following options:

• Require full payment. Clients must pay in full when booking.
  • Require deposit amount ($). Clients must pay a set amount at booking. Clients can pay the full cost at booking and leave a tip if they pay in full. To learn more, see Requiring deposits.
  • Require deposit percentage (%). Clients must pay a percentage of the total cost at booking. Clients can pay the full cost at booking and leave a tip if they pay in full.
  • Require a valid credit card, but don't charge. Vaults the card to charge the customer later. This option is available when using Stripe or Square, but not when using PayPal and Stripe or Square. To learn more, visit Connecting payment processors to Scheduling.
  • Allow in-person payment only. Clients can’t pay during booking, but you can charge them from the Scheduling panel.
  • Allow payment now or after booking. Clients can pay during booking, but don't have to.
  • Allow client to choose amount. Clients decide whether to add extra payment to a base price.

Did this answer help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.