Getting Gift Messages to Automatically Sync with EasyShip

Hi there!

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to sync a Gift Message in Squarespace (which I've already set up on the checkout page) to EasyShip? EasyShip has a field called Buyer's Notes, but it's not syncing and I can't even figure out how to manually edit that field (or otherwise manually insert a message that could print on the Packing Slip). So far EasyShip customer service can't answer my question. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance! I'm so close to being able to launch my website after a gazillion hours of working on everything...but Squarespace makes everything around gifts super challenging. THANK YOU! - Stacy

• Replies 1
  • Views 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, StacyF said:

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to sync a Gift Message in Squarespace (which I've already set up on the checkout page) to EasyShip?

This isn't currently possible.

When you say that you've added a Gift Message to the checkout, I'm assuming that you've done this manually using a Custom Checkout Form, as Squarespace describe in this support article. I say this because there isn't a "gift message" feature in Squarespace.

Although it would technically possible for EasyShip to look for a gift message field (it would look something like the example below), they won't have built their system to look for custom data like this.  

// Example of how a gift message would appear in the Orders API. 
"formSubmission": [ {
  "label": "Gift message",
  "value": "Happy Birthday" 
} ],

Did this answer your question? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.