Variant as Weight, with set value per kg,

Site URL: http://elkranch.com

Product Variant as Weight,
with set value per kg,

We have a product at a value per kg,

it's Variant is a weight, which is different for each item.

We wish our customers to pick a variant based upon $ value we post as inventory as opposed to picking weight, but we could 
go that way, just $ matter more than weights to most of our customers.

We like our customers to pick a product like steak or set of Ribs and then choose the variant (portion weight) as the order item.

Is there a custom plugin for inventory resolving how to set this up?

We are a Farm selling Elk Meat for curb side (at farm) pickup in Canada,
Thanks for helping, 🙂

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I fully understand so you may want to clarify your question if I've misunderstood. 🙂

If the issue is that products will always vary in weight and therefore price, there isn't a way to manage this other than to offer fixed "minimum" weights. It isn't possible to change weights or prices after checkout.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.