Is it possible to set a blog post date in future (not schedule)

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://kknomics.squarespace.com/program

I've used a Blog to create an achive for festival events in 2017-2021. I've added Squarewebsite's Universal Filter to be able to navigate between tags and categories.

I want to publish future events as blog posts - for the festival that will occur in october 2022. Is it possible to overrun the Squarespace settings and allow a future date as "published date" (NOT scheduled) ? When I try to choose October 21st 2022, it automatically chooses today's date...

I chose not to use Event page because the limit of 30 past events was too low.

Does anybody know how this can be done? 🙌

• Solution
On 5/2/2022 at 6:07 PM, Muntzer said:

I've used a Blog to create an archive for festival events in 2017-2021. I want to publish future events as blog posts. Is it possible to overrun the Squarespace settings and allow a future date as "published date" (NOT scheduled) ?

On a Blog collection, the date is the "published date" and so cannot be in the future; it must be the date when the post was published.

Of course you can use a Blog Post to post details of a future event but you won't be able to use this "published date" metadata to refer to the date of the future event. It can only be the date that you posted the post. If this will be confusing for users you may want to hide date information so that it isn't shown, and then include each event's date in the post's title or description.

As you mention, an Events collection is another alternative as it has been designed for date-specific event information. There are some limitations here too, but a Summary Block can be a more flexible way to display the contents of an Events collection. Note that there's a Lazy Summaries plugin you can purchase (from the same author as Universal Filter) that will allow you to show more than 30 items in a Summary Block. 🙂

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.