Blurry Images when uploading Vimeo links

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 7:11 AM, JeremyFraga said:

Site URL: https://www.fragaphoto.com/

Hey Everyone,

I been noticing recently that when I link a video from my Vimeo page onto my website the preview images are all blurred. I tried different links, re-uploading and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any solves?

Hi Jeremy -

I spoke too soon...I just figured out that you have to toggle off the "Custom Thumbnail" option even if you don't have an image uploaded. Once you turn it off the bluriness goes away.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Sarah

Hi,

I have the same problem with Squarespace Video Pages: My latest videos suddenly appear blurred even when my settings on VIMEO ('hide from Vimeo') are the same for all videos. 

As I'm not uploading the Video directly to Squarespace I'm not even able to change the thumbnail settings (this is so stupid by the way!) 

The only difference I'm observing is, that the older videos don't appear as a thumbnail (it's a black screen telling 'due to privacy settings it's not possible to show the video') while the newer videos appear as a thumbnail, but blurry! 

Please help....

Jeanette

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-29 um 18.57.27.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, sarahjane95 said:

Hi Jeremy -

I spoke too soon...I just figured out that you have to toggle off the "Custom Thumbnail" option even if you don't have an image uploaded. Once you turn it off the bluriness goes away.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Sarah

Hey Sarah, I don't see where the "Custom Thumbnail" option is located. I don't have that option in the editing menu for the selected link.

• 7 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:58 AM, Jeanettetraveller said:

Hi,

I have the same problem with Squarespace Video Pages: My latest videos suddenly appear blurred even when my settings on VIMEO ('hide from Vimeo') are the same for all videos. 

As I'm not uploading the Video directly to Squarespace I'm not even able to change the thumbnail settings (this is so stupid by the way!) 

The only difference I'm observing is, that the older videos don't appear as a thumbnail (it's a black screen telling 'due to privacy settings it's not possible to show the video') while the newer videos appear as a thumbnail, but blurry! 

Please help....

Jeanette

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-29 um 18.57.27.png

I'm having the same issue. The fact you cannot change a thumbnail on a Vimeo video on a Videos Page is soooo incredibly frustrating!

It's either upload the video to Squarespace directly for a half decent looking thumbnail or embed from Vimeo but with a terribly blurry thumbnail and no control of it.

Crazy.

• 1 month later...

Here is a solution posted on a different thread for the same issue. I tried this and it solved the problem for my Squarespace video page. (I was having the same blurry thumbnails from Vimeo issue.) 

One note: to get to code injection currently, the path to follow is: Settings>Developer Tools>Code Injection. Make sure you copy/paste this code into the footer section.