Google Search Console Redirect Error?

Site URL: https://amandapeterstherapy.com

I'm hoping someone can help me out with our new Squarespace site Google issues. We've submitted a new sitemap and everything, but continue to get a "redirect error" for our main page. Both with and without the "www" in front.

I've read through a couple forum posts but can't seem to find what could be causing this. We have never setup a redirect, our URL has never changed (this is a brand new site launched in March). 

When doing a google search "site:amandapeterstherapy.com", we can see that 3 of the pages are listed, however our main home page continues to not show up because of this apparent redirect error. 

Should I try submitting a new sitemap? Any efforts reaching out to Google haven't been overly helpful...I'm getting mainly boilerplate responses.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.22.17 PM.png

• 2 months later...

I am in the same position as you and have not found anything helpful online nor on this forum website. 

I have entered sitemap multiple times. It's been a month of me clicking request indexing and nothing. 

If you find anything please let me know! 

image.png.5bc30f48f44e904f0701c67966875ce4.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, too, am having the same issue with my client's site. @mapete77 and @sprintwebsites I see both of your sites are now on indexed—how did you accomplish it?

Squarespace (SS) sent me to Google, same as sprintwebsites.  Even though a redirect issue by definition originates from the site itself and I've entered zero manual redirects.

Interestingly, my client's site has been indexed by Bing and Duck Duck Go.  Same site.  Same code.  Zero issues.  Completely baffling.

Edited by EGD
addendum

Hi @EGD

I still can't pin point what worked, but Squarespace support sent me a few ideas that may have contributed.

I landed up deleting a few custom DNS records (like the one used to set up emails, or verify console). I updated my clients' content because it was a bit generic at times (my idea). And I resubmitted my sitemap and asked Google to index the pages individually.

Soooo frustrating. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have noticed this thing too on websites that I have designed. Sometimes the issue seems to have gone away on its own. I don't really know if it even causes any "real world" problems (like for example affecting search engine ranking), so it's not a big issue, but it would be nice to know what's causing it.