Jump to content

Audio embeds started pulling in text as well? That I don't want?

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.deepcutsandsuperficialwounds.com/episodes/episode-one-lisa

I have several websites on 7.0 but also one in 7.1 that all suddenly have a problem in how they display audio embeds. Previously, I'd just put in the URL of the audio I wanted to embed and it worked no problem, but now beneath the embedded audio there is text from the source file showing up as well. You can see in the link I put that's it's redundant. Is there a way to stop this? I asked Squarespace and customer service said I should talk to service hosting that audio, but because it's happening with both Libsyn and SoundCloud embeds, I think the problem is on Squarespace's end.

I can redo the embeds manually to make the problem go away, but since I manage several different podcast webpages, with literally hundreds of episodes, it would be super time-consuming to fix each one. Any advice for a workaround to fix them all?

Link to comment
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the problem is still a problem. If you look at the page, the audio embed is pulling text from the source, but then there is basically the same text immediately below.

This page is maybe a better example: https://www.mondayafternoonmovie.com/episodes/this-house-possessed-karen-kilgariff-1

Basicaly, Squarespace seems to have changed what info embeds pull to now include text, and this has made hundreds of pages redundant. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.