Restore Deleted Website?

Hi all! 

Is there ANY WAY to restore a website that was maliciously deleted?! We have a client who hired a freelancer to edit her site, long story short, it didn't end well and the freelancer deleted her website. Is there any solution to this? Any backup? We can't find any way to restore and I feel horrible for our client 😞

Thank you! 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

8 minutes ago, studiolinear said:

All they were told was that there is nothing they can do

That's concerning 😮.

Squarespace say that when a site is deleted (manually by a user) its content is marked for permanent deletion and "it can take more than 30 days for us to permanently delete the site from our system".

I would have expected them to restore the site if they were contacted by the site owner within hours/days.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

15 hours ago, studiolinear said:

This is what we thought too and the support on chat told us it was essentially our problem and there was nothing they were going to do about it.

I have sent you a direct message. Let me know how you get on.

• 7 months later...

Hi! I have a somewhat similar issue, my client failed to renew their subscription and didnt notice the email notification. Now their website has been deleted after 30 days of no response from client. Is it still possible to recover the website since squarespace was the one who deleted the website? Thank you!

2 hours ago, gotrakphn said:

Is it still possible to recover the website since squarespace was the one who deleted the website?

You'll have to contact SS customer support to see if anything can be done.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.